The Aircast AirSelect Elite is one of the most-advanced walking boots on the market, offering a superior level of support, comfort and swelling control.
The Elite has a durable, semi-rigid shell that helps support the limb while providing full-shell protection. Overlapping Duplex aircells line the shell to enable intermittent pneumatic compression. The front panel is pre-inflated and combined with the overlapping aircells to achieves a “total contact” fit. SoftStrike technology absorbs and dissipates shock, and the lightweight, lab-tested rocker sole encourages a natural gait and a continuation of everyday activities.
Features and Benefits of the AirSelect Elite Walking Boot
- Integrated inflation system (NO separate hand bulb). Integrated inflation system puts the patient in control for an individualized fit.
- Non-marking, skid resistant rubber tread. For greater traction and longer wear.
- Duplex technology. Promotes faster edema reduction, thus promoting pain relief, patient compliance and faster healing.
- SoftStrike technology. Absorbs and dissipates the energy during heel strike. Reduction of heel pain.
- Low profile optimized rocker sole. The rocker sole, enables a normal walking gait with less forefoot angulations’ and reduces hyperextension of the knee.
- Toe-off section continues the rocking motion, enhancing mobility. Mid-stance section is designed to minimize hip differential.
- Trimmable and heat moldable semi-rigid shell. Makes it easy to custom-fit the brace to the patient for a more comfortable fit. Sleek, open-frame design provides ventilation and patient protection and compliance. Shell contours around the malleoli, eliminating pressure for sustained comfort. AirSelect boots have improved width around the ankle area as well as uniformed sizing throughout the various sizes of the boot (XS-XL).
- Three-strap system. Evenly disperses pressure and helps reduce pooling of edema. Ease of application.
Warnings and Precautions
Do not over-inflate aircells. Improper aircell inflation may cause significant skin irritation, especially in people with diabetic neuropathy (a diabetic nerve condition). Check your skin frequently for “hot spots” and skin irritation. If you see any skin changes or feelings of discomfort, reduce the aircell compression.
Do not use this device if you cannot feel sensations whether due to post-op anesthesia, nerve, skin or other conditions. Use caution when walking on slippery or wet surfaces to avoid injury.
Sizing Chart for the AirSelect Walking Boot
|Size||Mens’s Shoe Size||Womens’s Shoe Size|
|X-Small||Up to 4||Up to 5|
|Small||4 – 7||5 – 8|
|Medium||7 – 10||8 – 11|
|Large||10 – 13||11 – 15|
|X-Large||13 and over||15 and over|