The Push Ortho Ankle Brace Aequi is an effective ankle orthosis which strikes a balance between efficient mechanical support of a disabled ankle and good wearer comfort.
The Push ortho Ankle Brace Aequi is an effective ankle orthosis which strikes a balance between efficient mechanical support of a disabled ankle and good wearer comfort. The rigid
support is situated exclusively on the medial side of the ankle and has a recess for the malleolus. The lateral side is made from preformed foam, which easily adapts to the individual
The brace is fastened by means of a diagonal strap. Elastic straps apply pressure around the ankle. Inversion/eversion movement of the ankle is restricted while plantar/dorsal flexion
is allowed adequate freedom. This means that no inhibition is felt during normal walking and running. The Push Aequi is worn over the sock, and optimal stabilisation can only be
achieved if it is worn with a closed (laced-up) shoe.
- Serious (residual) instability (under high stress)
- Treatment of acute lateral ankle ligament lesions
- After-care of conservative or operated ankle fractures
- Arthrosis with instability without accumulation of fluid
- Secondary prevention of ankle ligament lesions (under heavy strain without accumulation of fluid)
Features and Benefits
- Strikes a balance between comfort and efficient mechanical support of the injured or unstable ankle.
- Effective during high stress activities
- Rigid support on medial side of ankle (with a recess for the malleolus), combined with preformed foam on the lateral side that easily adapts to the ankle shape for a close, comfortable fit. Elastic straps apply support and compression for the ankle.
- The brace is worn over the sock, and must be worn with a properly fastened shoe for optimal stability.
- Restricts inversion and eversion while allowing freedom of dorsal or plantar flexion movement.